Nigerian Fried Beans is so scrumptious that even those that don’t like beans take pleasure in it! The closest Nigerian meal is Eva Agoyin.
All it’s a must to do is guarantee that each single bean seed is nicely coated with palm oil. So add sufficient Palm OYEL to the meal. Palm oil is sweet for you.
350g brown or black-eyed beans
three cooking spoons palm oil or extra
1 huge inventory dice
Salt & Habanero pepper (to style)
Earlier than cooking:
I often soak beans in cool water in a single day. This enormously reduces beans bloating and upset abdomen related to consuming beans. The subsequent day, chop 1 onion into skinny slices, reduce the opposite one into four huge chunks then pound/grind the pepper.
Rinse the beans and put in a large pot. I rinse it twice. Pre-cook the sliced onions with a number of drops of water to melt them a bit.
- Set the pot of beans on the range. Add the inventory dice (crushed) and the chunks of onion. Add sufficient water to cowl the beans and begin cooking. Prepare dinner the beans until very delicate, including water when vital. All the time hold water to the identical degree because the beans in order that by the point the beans is finished, there won’t be an excessive amount of water within the pot.
- When the beans is finished, add salt, go away to dry up all of the water and switch the beans to a different container.
- Now, set a dry clear pot on the range, pour the palm oil and warmth it up until the oil melts (if congealed). Be aware that you must solely warmth it up, not bleach the oil. You’ll know it’s scorching sufficient when a chunk of onion dropped into the oil sizzles.
- Add the precooked onions and stir for a bit.
- Add the bottom Habanero pepper and stir until all the things is heated up very nicely, at most 2 minutes.
- Add the beans and stir for about 2 minutes. Add salt if vital.
- Cowl and go away to simmer for about 2 minutes and it is carried out.
Serve with the Fried Plantains, Soaked Garri or bread.