Taste of India
- 1 tsp green cardamom, opened (retain only the small beads inside)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 1 tsp whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick or 1 tsp ground cinnamo
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) plain yoghurt
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 ml) grated lemon zest
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp salt
- 12 skinless and boneless chicken tights or 6 skinless and boneless chicken breasts
You can also prepare the Chicken Tikka on skewers. To do this, cut the chicken into small pieces before marinating. Soak wooden skewers in water for 15 minutes before you thread the pieces of chicken. Grill or bake for about 10 minutes in the middle of a 400 F (200 C) oven.
1. In a large skillet, toast the spices over high heat for 1 minute. Let cool, then finely grind with a mortar or a coffee grind. Set aside.
1. In a bowl, combine all the ingredients. Place the chicken in the marinade and coat well. Allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 5 hours.
2. Preheat grill to medium heat or the oven to 400 F (200 C).
3. Lightly score the skin of each peace of chicken with a sharp knife. Grill or bake in the middle of the oven for about 25 minutes, turning chicken occasionally, until cooked and lightly brown.
Credit (source): Canadian Chef Ricardo Cooks (ricardocuisine.com)