Corned Beef Stew is just Nigerian Red Stew arranged with small bits of corned hamburger rather than pieces of meat. You can likewise set it up with minced hamburger if like me, you are not an immense aficionado of corned meat.
Corned Beef Stew is most generally used to eat bubbled pasta (spaghetti, macaroni) however it runs truly well with Boiled yam and Boiled Potatoes. My children adore it and it is an incredible approach to inspire them to eat more meat. They for the most part relinquish the pieces of meat in their nourishment. I set it up with minced hamburger however.
700ml Tomato Stew
450g corned beef or minced beef
I teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon curry powder (turmeric)
1 cooking spoon vegetable oil
1 big stock cube
Pepper & salt (to taste)
Tomato Stew is new tomato puree and the tinned tomato glue that has been bubbled and browned to expel all hints of water and the harsh/tart taste of tomatoes. It would be ideal if you take note of that this stew does not contain flavors or flavoring. It just contains tomato puree, at that point onions and vegetable oil that was utilized as a part of singing it.
In the event that you don’t care for corned hamburger, utilize minced meat. Minced hamburger is basically ground meat and can be bought from every single real general store in Nigeria. The curry powder said here isn’t the hot and hot curry powder rather significantly nearer to turmeric. We call it curry powder in Nigeria.
- On the off chance that you as of now have Tomato Stew in your cooler, get it out to defrost great time before you have to utilize it in the formula. If not, set up some Tomato Stew by following the means at: How to Prepare Tomato Stew. Make sure to spill out the overabundance oil when done.
- I for the most part get ready vast amounts of tomato stew and store in my cooler. That way, I can plan such Nigerian formulas as Corned Beef Stew in a matter of seconds. I should simply draw out the stew sufficiently early to defrost and sustenance is prepared in 15 minutes.
- Draw out the corned hamburger from the tin and utilize a tablespoon to isolate it into little pieces.
- Cut the onions into modest pieces.
- Pound the pepper (assuming new) or granulate if dry.
- Begin cooking the staple nourishment you will present with the stew: yam, rice, pasta or potatoes.
- Empty the vegetable oil into another (dry) pot.
- At the point when the oil is warmed, include the diced onions and broil for a bit.
- Include the corned meat or the minced hamburger and sear till the hamburger turns pale. Guarantee you blend always so the hamburger won’t shape protuberances. Minor pieces is the best..
- Include the thyme and stock shapes.
- Add water to an indistinguishable level from the substance of the pot and cook till the meat is finished. This should take around 7 minutes on medium warmth.
- Include pepper, curry powder, tomato stew and salt to taste.
- Mix exceptionally well, cover and leave to stew and it’s finished! So natural!
Present with your preferred accompanying staple nourishment: Pasta, White Rice, Boiled Yam and Boiled Potatoes.