Ofe Akwu (Banga Stew) can be set up with crisp palm natural products or tinned palm organic product think. On this page, I will give points of interest of how to get ready heavenly Ofe Akwu with tinned palm organic product think (tinned banga). This stew is utilized to eat Boiled White Rice. You can likewise utilize the tinned palm natural product focus for Delta Banga Soup.
Utilizing tinned banga for Ofe Akwu spares you heaps of time and vitality you would have used to remove the palm organic product think and it is ideal for the individuals who live outside Nigeria where palm natural products are not effectively accessible. The good thing is that it tastes the same as when new palm organic products are utilized, that is whether you purchase a decent brand: watch the video underneath for more data.
The formula on this page is the same for Delta Banga Soup that is presented with Starch, simply supplant the fragrance leaves with dried and squashed sharp leaves and include the other conventional flavors for Banga Soup.
- 800g tinned Palm Fruit Concentrate
- 1kg Beef (cut into medium pieces)
- 3 pieces mangala (dry fish)
- Scent leaves
- 1 red onion
- 1 handful crayfish
- Habanero pepper (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 small piece ogiri okpei (iru, dawa dawa)
- 3 small stock cubes
I barbecued/smoked the bits of meat I utilized as a part of cooking the Ofe Akwu. This takes the Ofe Akwu to an unheard of level of heavenliness. So on the off chance that you need to do like me, pulverize two of the stock 3D squares into the bits of meat, rub into the hamburger and flame broil in the stove till delicate yet not dry (see the video underneath). On the off chance that you would prefer not to utilize flame broiled meat, skirt this progression.
Drench the dry fish till delicate at that point debone and break into pieces. In the case of utilizing smoked fish, wash, debone and break into pieces. Open the tinned palm natural product focus, mix to blend and put aside. Wash and cut the fragrance leaves into minor pieces. Cleave the onion. Crush or pound the crawfish with the ogiri okpei. Crush or pound the habanero pepper.
- On the off chance that you are utilizing flame broiled hamburger, put the barbecued pieces in a pot, include the deboned dry fish, diced onions and the staying one stock block. Pour water to pretty much a similar level of the substance (around 2 some water) and begin cooking.
- On the off chance that you are not utilizing barbecued hamburger, put the meat in a pot, include the diced onion and pulverized stock 3D squares. Steam till water begins leaking out of the hamburger and keep cooking till the meat is delicate. Include water when fundamental as you cook. It is essential that you have as meager water as conceivable in the pot when the meat is finished.
- In the case of utilizing stage 1, cook till it bubbles and abandon it to bubble for 5 minutes. In the case of utilizing stage 2, when the meat is done, include the deboned dry fish and cook for 5 minutes. In the two cases, if utilizing smoked fish, don’t include it now, you will include it later.
- Include the habanero pepper, ground crawfish and ogiri okpei.
- Mix extremely well and include the palm organic product focus (tinned banga) in scoops. Blend and add more water if important to convey the stew to the consistency you like for your stews. It is prudent to have some boiling water prepared for this.
- Include the smoked fish (in the event that you are utilizing it), cover and let it bubble on medium warmth till you see some red oil buoy to the surface.
- Include the fragrance leaves and salt mix and cook till it bubbles again and it is finished.
Present with bubbled white rice, bubbled yam or white agidi.