eight hen drumsticks (hen laps)
1 small bowl barbecue sauce
1 huge inventory dice (Maggi, Knorr and so on)
1 teaspoon thyme
Salt (to style)
Black pepper powder (to style)
Onion powder (to style)
Vital on elements
- Use delicate hen (cock or rooster) for this.
- You should buy barbecue sauce from any grocery store close to you. In Nigeria, search for it in Store-rite or Spar or some other grocery store that sells international condiments. Making your individual barbecue sauce isn’t price it, it’s higher to search for it and purchase.
- The thyme ought to have effective particles. I add the thyme from a shaker that has tiny holes in order that solely the tiniest particles go by way of. The lengthy items of thyme doesn’t look good on barbecue hen drumsticks when carried out. You can too grind the thyme with a dry mill (or espresso grinder) earlier than including.
- I used onion powder in order to not have items of onions on the barbecue hen. You possibly can add some other contemporary seasoning of your alternative: onions, garlic and so on however grind them very nicely so the items don’t stand out.
- You actually don’t want that a lot additional seasoning as a result of barbecue sauce already comprises plenty of seasoning.
- Clear the hen, eradicating all tiny feathers and rinse completely.
- Place in a bowl and add the tiny items of thyme, salt, onion powder, floor black pepper and inventory cubes (crushed).
- Therapeutic massage the seasoning and spices into the hen.
- Cowl the bowl with aluminium foil or skinny plastic movie and place within the fridge for a minimum of 1 hour to marinate. For this barbecue hen, I depart mine within the fridge in a single day. That is in order that the seasoning and spices may have time to seep into the hen making it style higher.
- When the specified time has elapsed, set your oven to prime and down heating (bake) and 220°C or 425F and depart to preheat for about 10 minutes.
- Line your oven tray with a baking sheet and gently lay the marinated drumsticks flat on the baking sheet. You can too use aluminium foil for those who should not have a baking sheet.
- Bake within the preheated oven for 30 minutes, turning the drumsticks on the opposite aspect infrequently. It’s prepared if you discover some browning on the drumsticks.
- Utilizing a brush, apply one coat of barbecue sauce all around the hen drumsticks.
- Put again within the oven for about 5 minutes and apply one other coat.
- Repeat this technique of making use of a skinny coat of barbecue sauce, placing again within the oven to dry a bit until you get the protection you need.
That is it! Serve with Hen’s Nest Salad, Basic Nigerian Salad, Nigerian Jollof Rice and different Nigerian Rice Meals. You can too serve it as a snack with a calming drink.