Prep time: 20 minutes
• 1 cup basmati rice
• 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
• 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
• 1 onion, sliced
• 2 garlic cloves minced
• 1-2 tsp curry powder or paste
• 1 tsp soy sauce
• 2/3 cup of coconut milk
• 2/3 cup of chicken stock
• 1 large apple, peeled and sliced into thin wedges
• 1 cup of frozen peas
• 1/4 cup of plain yogurt
1. Prepare rice according to package instructions.
2. Brown the chicken in a bit of vegetable oil in large skillet. Add the onions and cook for about 5 more minutes. Then add the garlic and the curry and cook for another minute.
3. Add the coconut milk, chicken stock and soy and stir together.
4. Add the apple pieces and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the peas and allow them to warm through. Check to see that the chicken has cooked through.
5. Serve the curry over rice and top it with a bit of yogurt.
By: Ceri Marsh Sweet Potato Chronicles, Laura Keogh Sweet Potato Chronicles Published on Thu Oct 15 2015 in MetroNewsCanada/Vancouver